Blue Ribbon School + Gabby Petito Mourning + School bus accident
Have a nice day, folks at Miller Place-Rocky Point! It’s me again, your Miller Place-Rocky Point Daily host.
Blue Point mourns Gabby Petito as family and friends await autopsy report.
A fire broke out in Setauket Tuesday. A School bus crash in Riverhead sent several people to hospital. And Mount Sinai High School was one of six schools on Long Island to be named Blue Ribbon School.
Are you a local business owner or distributor at Miller Place-Rocky Point? Our premium local sponsorships keep you on top of inboxes in town every morning. Contact us here for the truth.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
Rather cloudy all day. High: 78 Low: 69.
Here are the best stories today at Miller Place-Rocky Point:
- News 12 Long Island covers a fire in a house in Setauket. Several departments answered the call at 23 Brewster Lane. (News 12)
- News 12 came to Blue Point to see how Gabby Petito’s hometown reacts to news of the discovery of a body matching his description. Teal ribbons were hung to remember the 22-year-old as it was her favorite color. The family and the community await the results of the autopsy. (News 12)
- Five Long Island schools have been named the 2021 National Blue Ribbon Schools, an award “based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress made in reducing achievement gaps among subgroups of students”. Robert M. Grable Jr. Mount Sinai High School is a. (News 12)
- Lisa Finn reports that a The Riverhead school bus crashed on Monday. Van driver was airlifted after colliding with bus and school bus driver and six children were transported to nearby hospitals for the treatment of minor injuries. (Room)
- Stony Brook University responds to a displacement of the pandemic population to the East End and a need for more speech-language pathologists. A new facility on the Stony Brook Southampton campus will expand the speech therapy program (SLP) at the Stony Brook School of Health Technology and Management. (Subscription: News day)
Today’s Miller Place-Rocky Point Daily is brought to you from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you find the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t overpay. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, visit GoodRx.com.
Today at Miller Place-Rocky Point:
Miller Place-Rocky Point Notebook
- Mount Sinai High School was named the 2021 Blue-Ribbon National School in the performance category of “Exemplary High Performing.”“Mount Sinai High School is one of six schools on Long Island to win the award. (Facebook)
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
You are now in the know and ready to go out this Wednesday! See you tomorrow for another update. If you enjoy these newsletters, consider bringing in more friends and neighbors. You can send them this link to subscribe.
Got a tip or suggestion for an upcoming Miller Place-Rocky Point Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.